This is the very first Clicker Training session with the 6yo palomino gelding called "Chips". We start with the horse behind a fence for safety while we teach them to keep their head away from the food and to take food rewards gently. We want...
What happens when two or more people are riding with a clicker in the same arena? It is really amazing to watch a whole group of horses all being clicker trained in the same arena. The horses easily figure out which click is for them because...
Can I use clicker training with a foal or an older horse? Yes! Clicker training works with horses of all ages. Though I normally don’t worry about introducing a foal to the clicker until they are eating solid food. However in some situations with orphans or...
- Groundwork, handling, leading, in hand work.
- Teach the horse to have their feet and legs handled safely.
- Bombproofing, desensitizing the horse to scary objects, tarps, clippers, hosing, standing still for plaiting etc.
- Loading and unloading in floats and horse trucks.
- Teaching the horse to accept injections, wormers or allow you to treat an injury or apply medication.